Verify that you have configured a default printer. Freezerworks will close if it cannot locate a default printer for printing error reports.
Freezerworks will require a unique identifier to be included in the import in order to select which aliquots are to be updated. Freezerworks will accept:
- The Unique Aliquot ID (system generated unique number for each aliquot)
- A unique User Defined Field (must have the unique property selected)
- Aliquot Number combined with a unique sample level field.
Select the appropriate Modify option at the Import Type page (e.g., “Aliquots”, “Samples with Aliquots”). At the Fields page, indicate your unique aliquot identifier field at the Select the field(s) used to uniquely identify each aliquot box.
The following are the most common delimiter settings. You may need to adjust the settings based on the source of your data file.
Mac OS: Field delimiter=Tab, Record delimiter=Return.
Windows OS: Field delimiter=Comma (except when there are commas in the data, then use Tab), Record delimiter=ReturnNew Line.
For best importing results, save the file in the operating system running Freezerworks. For example, if you create an import file using Excel in Macintosh, and want to import it into Freezerworks running in Windows, open and save it in your copy of Excel in Windows. Save it as a text file (with a CSV or TXT extension).
To save Excel spreadsheets as Tab delimited while using Mac OS select “Windows Formatted Text (.txt)” not “Tab Delimited Text (.txt)”. The import may not work properly if the file is saved as “Tab Delimited Text (.txt)”.
There are a few different reasons this error message would be given. Make sure:
- The fields in your import format are correct, and that they are in the correct order.
- The number of characters you are trying to import into a field is not more than the maximum number of characters allowed in that field.
- You have the proper Record and Field delimiters selected in your Import Format.