This update has a number of great new features. Below we feature the top four. For a complete listing of features and corrections included in this update, see our release notes using the link at the bottom of the page.
Integration/link tool with SQL Views right on your Samples Entry Screens
SQL Views are easy to set up and display information from other databases on samples and patients using key field links. This read only feature is Available in Ascent and Summit editions.
The Freezerworks SQL View is available for Ascent and Summit edition users who upgrade to 8.1.How it works
Configure Freezerworks to access external databases:
- Add an SQL View by selecting an ODBC data source
- Tell Freezerworks which field in the external database corresponds to the identical field in Freezerworks
- Select the fields in the external database you want displayed on your Freezerworks screen
- Test your connection, and configure any “Advanced Joins” if you wish to include data from other tables associated with the external database.
- Now, add your view to your Samples Entry Screen(s) by selecting the SQL Tool from the palette
Graphical Display of Count Reports
Display your Freezerworks data visually with our count report dashboard. Create bar, chart, scatter graphs of totals and percentages based on any system or user-defined field. Available in all editions.
Multiple User Defined Field Editors
It is now possible with 8.1 to designate a “Group administrator” to manage the User Defined Fields for that Group. When an administrator created User Defined Fields and their properties, he can now assign other users access to edit these fields. Available in Summit edition.
XML Import/Export of User Defined Fields
This feature allows Freezerworks owners and collaborators to easily share User Defined Fields (UDFs) and their properties, making it easier to standardize and administer data fields and properties over multiple sites. UDFs can be created in one copy and exported to an XML file that can be quickly installed into other copies. Available in all editions.
Freezerworks owners will receive an email with instructions on how to receive and install the update. Contact support if you have questions or need additional information.