Submit this form to start taking advantage of the great new features in our latest update. Users currently enrolled in our Customer Care Program are entitled to the latest release at no additional charge. If your Customer Care Program subscription has lapsed, contact our Customer Care Representative at 877-289-7960 to renew today. If you don’t have access to your Customer Number call us at (877) 289-7960 or email email@example.com today.
Freezerworks 2019 Release Notes
Version 11.01.00 - March 2020 Maintenance Release
This release includes 26 corrections to errors reported by customers including but not limited to:
- Aliquot Entry – Can add duplicate values to unique fields via Modify List on Samples Entry Form (FW-52175)
- Aliquot Entry - Missing Dependent Primary Key and Runtime error occurs when restricted choice list is based on other Aliquot fields (FW-52056)
- Aliquot Entry – “The selected Position is already used” error message when viewing an existing Aliquot (FW-49340)
- Aliquot Entry – When adding Aliquots, the Number of Aliquots no longer defaults to the field value (FW-51752)
- Assign Aliquots – Other Actions – Clear Freezer Position option not functioning correctly (FW-51948, FW-51753)
- Assign Aliquots – Batch Update Add Aliquots does not respect sort order when assigning positions (FW-51710)
- Batch Entry – Performance improvements when using Batch Entry (FW-51665)
- Batch Update – Patient Fields are not able to be Batch Updated (FW-51652)
- Configure Freezers – Row/Column exceptions are not saving consistently during configuration (FW-51787)
- Configure Freezers – Container Name should no longer be displayed (FW-51900)
- Configure Labels – Printer dropdown in Print Preview is truncated (FW-51755)
- Fields – Restricted choice list values automatically changed when aliquot is opened to modify (FW-52357)
- Fields – Sample Field dependencies based on Patient Fields are not triggered (FW-51763)
- Fields – Calculated Field based on Date does not trigger if using the Date Picker (FW-51761)
- Fields – A Calculated Field based on a Calculated Field that is not on a form does not update (FW-51762)
- Import – Samples not populating Auto-Read Only fields dependent on existing Patient fields that are not modified during the Import (FW-51952; FW-51764)
- Import – Import Fields scroll bar is locked if user does not have permission to modify Import formats, preventing visibility to what fields are included in format (FW-51754)
- LDAP – LDAPS not functioning under specific network conditions (FW- 51855, FW-51978, FW-51975, FW-48710, FW-51761)
- List View – Patient tab displays on List View in Ascent Edition (FW-49345)
- Testing – Import confirmation does not show number of tests (FW-52008)
- Testing – Importing 2 metric results for the same Test creates two Test records instead of one (FW-52244)
- Testing – Double Data Entry can be bypassed due to legacy Chain of Custody (FW-52373)
- Testing – Double Data Entry – Results from the first entry are displayed before entering the second entry (FW-52424)
- Print List – Runtime Error when print preview is automatic and no XPS writer is installed in the Operating System (FW-52195)
- Reports – Numeric Freezer Position fields are sorted incorrectly (FW-48472)
- Workflows – Workflows not respecting sort order of Aliquots when assigning freezer positions (FW-52391)
Version 11.0.02 – November 2019 HotfixUpgrade method runs unnecessarily when upgrading version 11.0.00 to 11.0.01 (FW-51792)
Version 11.0.01 – November 2019 Hotfix
- MacOS - Aliquot Status Icons do not display in Explore Freezers/Move Aliquots (FW-51699)
- MacOS – Various cosmetic font/button display issues have been resolved.
- Aliquot Entry – Freezer position is cleared if the Aliquot is modified using an Entry Form that does not have Freezer Assignment Fields (FW-51773)
- Web Client – Jquery library has been updated to version 3.4.1 (FW-51727)
Version 11.0.00 – October 2019 General Release
Freezerworks 2019 is an upgrade to all previous versions of Freezerworks. Because this release includes an upgrade to the underlying database engine, operational and performance qualification, and testing based on your institution’s user requirements is recommended. This release includes a refreshed User Interface, new Visual Freezers, Configurable Homepages, and changes to Sample Security. The new functionality is thoroughly documented in the User Manual. Below are the highlights:
User Interface Refresh
The User Interface has been refreshed to enhance usability:
- Field Configuration – Default Values, Conditionally Required, Color Formatting, and Restricted Choice list field definitions have been updated to provide a more intuitive configuration process.
- Font Size – The default Font size has been increased throughout the entire program.
- System Administration – Roles, Users, Groups – New List View columns provide more utilization data at a glance.
A new way of visually configuring and exploring Freezers has been implemented.
- Freezer Configuration – The Freezer Configuration Picture can now be configured to more accurately display the layout of the physical Freezers.
- Explore Freezers – Added visual navigation through each freezer subdivision along with the already included Box view.
- Move Aliquots – Interactive visual display of the Freezer with a new and improved Move system utilizing a “workbench” interface.
- Aliquot Entry – Interactive position assignment using the Freezer Graphic on the Aliquot Entry Form.
Configurable Homepages have replaced the Freezerworks Splash Screen, allowing System Wide or Individual Homepages to be configured with shortcuts to common functions.
Sample Ownership is assigned to Groups rather than to Users.
- Workflows – New Workflow type of Sub-Aliquot.
- Workflows – Tests can be ordered through Workflows.
- Aliquot Status – New Aliquot Statuses added.
- Aliquot Status – Added ability to activate/inactivate specific Statuses.
- Samples Entry – Enhanced sorting and column filters on the Aliquot Area.
This release includes 23 corrections to errors reported by customers including but not limited to:
- Scheduled Search - Tab delimited Export being emailed with a CSV extension (FW-46173)
- Export – Export of Test Results/Orders contains unlimited rows of duplicate data (FW-50861)
- Samples Entry – Field dependencies sometimes break on multiple page forms (FW-48047)
- Samples Entry – An extraneous Patient record can be created in certain situations (FW-48684)
- Import – Error on Import refers to Freezer Name instead of Freezer Section (FW-48703)
- Import – Importing sets Total Current Amount to 0 (FW-49346)
- Import Test Orders and Results – Runtime error during import (FW-48936)
- Groups – Pinnacle edition fields displayed in Summit on Group Configuration (FW-48708)
- Groups – Sample Security assignment is wrong if the list is sorted (FW-49953)
- Requisitions – An extra blank shipment record is created when fulfilling a Requisition using a Shipping workflow (FW-48937)
- Roles – User without permission to View Aliquots is able to use the Search by Location option (FW-48974)
- Import – Owner Name assigned during Import is not saved (FW-49095)
- Audit Trail – Aliquot fields displayed in Audit Trail not adhering to security definition (FW-49245)
- Study Management – When receiving Samples, Aliquots are being assigned freezer positions when not configured to do so (FW-49772)
- Advanced Search – Scheduled Search doesn’t run when a Chart has a scheduled auto-refresh (FW-49950)
- Count Fields – Fields dependent on Aliquot Status or Freezer Name not being updated properly (FW-48571)
- QC Check – Freezer position exceptions are not being taken into account when performing the check (FW-48761)