When starting Freezerworks or Freezerworks Unlimited for the first time after installation, the program flashes on the screen and then quits.
When starting Freezerworks or Freezerworks Unlimited for the first time after installation, you may notice that the program flashes on the screen and then quits. This is an indication that you may need to add it as an allowed program in Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows 2003 Server (Service Pack 1). See Microsoft’s Knowledge Base Article 875352 for more information.
To add Freezerworks as an allowed program, follow these steps:
- Go to the System Properties:
- Right-click on the My Computer icon and select “Properties”, or
- Start-Run, type sysdm.cpl, and click OK
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Performance” section, click Settings.
- Click the “Data Execution Prevention” tab.
- Select the radio button for “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I elect”.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Browse to the folder where Freezerworks is installed, and select the executable file (Freezerworks*.exe).
- Click Open, and click OK twice.
- Restart the computer for this change to take effect.
- Start Freezerworks.